Jewish Museum in Prague
of the Jewish Museum in Prague Foundation
The Jewish Museum in Prague Foundation (hereinafter the "Foundation") was established on 25 September 1992 by the State Jewish Museum in Prague, based at Jáchymova 3, Prague 1". The Foundation was registered with the local authority in Prague 1 on 21 October 1992 under the registration number 217/92.
The registered office of the Foundation is U Stare skoly 1, 110 00 Prague 1.
1. The Foundation has been established for the purpose of contributing to the preservation and development of Jewish culture in the Czech Republic. In this connection it supports the religious, cultural, educational, publication and other activities of Jewish communities operating in the Czech Republic which belong to the Federation of Jewish Communities in the Czech Republic (hereinafter "Jewish communities")
2. To fulfil the above-mentioned purpose, the Foundation shall raise funds or other property values for the benefit of:
a) preservation and renovation
(i.e. mainly restoration, conservation and cleaning) of objects of cultural
value which are part of the holdings of the Jewish Museum in Prague, which
are being used by Jewish communities under an agreement with the Jewish
Museum in Prague, or which are to be loaned to Jewish communities by the
Jewish Museum in Prague,
1. In order to fulfil the above-mentioned purpose, the Foundation will, above all, concentrate its funds in the account of the Foundation.
2. Funds for the implementation of the Foundation's purpose and for the securing of its activities (as referred to above) shall be raised by the Foundation primarily from the following sources:
a) assets, rights or other
property values received through donation or inheritance or from Czech
or foreign legal entities, natural persons authorised to carry on a business
and other natural persons,
1. The Foundation's resources may be used exclusively for the achievement of the aim referred to in Article III., in accordance with generally binding legal regulations, with this Statute and with decisions taken by the Board.
a) The Foundation's resources
may be provided only to Jewish communities or for their benefit. In exceptional
cases, the Foundation's resources may be provided to other legal entities,
natural persons authorised to carry on a business and other natural persons
for the preservation, renovation and maintenance of objects of cultural
value which are not part of the holdings of the Jewish Museum in Prague,
pursuant to Article III, paragraph, 2 letter a), but which represent significant
examples of a shared Jewish culture in the Czech Republic and serve the
purposes set out in Article III.1 of this Statute."
Office: The Jewish Museum in Prague Foundation is located in the headquarters of the Jewish Museum in Prague at U staré školy 1, Prague 1.
Bank account: No. 1930175389/ 0800, Česká spořitelna, Rytířská 29, 110 00, Prague 1.