Conditions for Borrowing Items from the Collections of the Jewish Museum in Prague
Important notice of a planned closure of the depositories housing the Jewish Museum's collections of textiles.
The Jewish Museum in Prague will be limiting access to the depositories that house its collection of textiles (curated by Milan Jančo) for a period of about two months as of 1 May 2020 in order to conduct periodic inventories. During this time, the objects in these collections will not be made available for any use – i.e., for taking out of or placing in the depositories, lending, digitization, condition appraisal, study/research purposes, or for the provision of information that is not otherwise available in our database or in our other registers and documentation resources. We will let you know in advance of the reopening of these depositories on our website. We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your understanding.
This section contains information on how to expedite and simplify the process of borrowing collection pieces from the Jewish Museum in Prague (JMP):
- An official loan application should be made in writing and sent to the management of the museum or to its Collections Management department.
- Please first take note of our Conditions for Borrowing Items from the Collections of the Jewish Museum in Prague. Once we receive a copy of this form, signed by the director or statutory representative of the applicant institution, we consider the loan application to be binding. Along with the official application, please also send information about the relevant exhibition equipment and the climatic and security conditions of the exhibition space (Facility Report). If you don't have available a form relating to the exhibition space, you can use our form to complete the details: Description of Exhibition Space and its Facilities
- It should be anticipated that it will take at least 6 months, usually longer, to make all the preparations for a loan (including the selection, cataloguing and restoration of the relevant items from the collection, etc.) and to deal with all the necessary formalities. Requests for the loan of ten or more items are accepted only if sent 12 months in advance of the desired loan period.
- Items from the JMP’s collections are loaned for a maximum period of between 1 month and two years, depending on the age, value and condition of the items in question. The selection of items and the duration of the loan is determined by the curator of the relevant collection
- The JMP does not pay for the cost of providing exhibition equipment, copies of collection pieces or other materials for the purpose of any specific exhibition.
- All additional costs associated with the loan of collection pieces that are not covered by the administrative fee, i.e. costs relating to packing, shipping, insurance and courier service, will be charged to you.
We look forward to our co-operation.