JEWISH MUSEUM VOLUNTEER PROGRAMME
We regret to inform you that our volunteer programme is currently full and we cannot accept new applications at the moment.
For anyone who wants to:
- find out how the museum works ‘from the inside’
- take part in the museum’s events
- learn something new
- help the museum
This programme offers various ways for volunteers to get involved in the museum’s activities. The range of options is not definitive, so it is recommended that you regularly check out what’s on offer. Even if you don’t go for any of the options, you can still join us – we will always try to find a satisfying way for you to become involved.
Benefits for you:
- free membership of the museum’s Society of Friends which oversees the volunteer programme
- free entry to selected events organized by the museum
- CV enhancement
- a good starting position when applying for a job at the museum
- bonuses for the best volunteers (e.g., a guided tour of the museum’s depository or restoration workshops)
Important to know before you apply:
- This is voluntary, unpaid work.
- Becoming involved in the activities of an internationally renowned cultural institution will give you experience that can help you develop and learn new skills while you're looking for a job; subject to agreement from your school, voluntary work at the museum can also count as work experience.
- Your age or level/focus of education is not of importance for becoming involved as a volunteer at the museum. What counts is an eager desire to get involved.
- It’s a good idea to consider how much time you want to devote to volunteering work. It is usually the case that the longer you are active in the volunteer programme, the broader the scope of your involvement – the more experience you get, the more opportunity you will have to get involved in more interesting and specialist activities.
- To ensure that our work together is mutually beneficial, we will devote our time to you during and after your training and, in return, we expect a responsible approach from you.
How to apply:
- Fill in the application form
- Attach your CV
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com